Introduction to Business Analytics – Bootcamp
As companies are inundated with large volumes, variety, and velocity of data the need to use real-time, batch and interactive forms of business analytics is becoming critical. Typically the business analyst and/or the data scientist is responsible for creating analytical models on the data for LoB decision-makers to use for making informed decisions. However, it is in the best interests of every professional and employee to get a fundamental understanding of the application of business analytics in different functional areas.
This bootcamp is intended to provide a foundation on the application of business analytic models typically used in business functional areas such as strategy, marketing, finance, supply chain, IT, customer support,and more.
Thus, by attending this bootcamp, you will lean how you can create business value from Big Data using Analytics & Technology.
The bootcamps are taught by industry veterans:Balu Rajgopal of Rightedge Consulting Mahesh Kumar of Tiger Analytics.
Check out the take-aways.
For the FAQ’s, click here.
To compare and contrast the various bootcamps being offered, click here.
Enabling Data-Driven Mindset
Introduction to Business Analytics
Engineers, Developers, Managers, IT Staff, Executives
- To educate everyone about business analytics
Understand how Analytics ties in to Decision making
- Learn business analytics lingo
Introduction to Decision Making Bootcamp (preferred but not required), Decision Making Experience
1 Full Day
Thursday, October 17, 2013
Thursday, November 14, 2014
8:30 am to 6:30 pm
- Onsite :
3200 Coronado Drive, Santa Clara, CA 95054
- Online :
Access information would be sent prior to the class
8:00 – 8:30 AM
8:30 – 9:00 AM
Introductions – Participants & Agenda
9:00 – 10:15 AM
- Introduction to Big Data, Business Analytics
- Intro to Decision Modeling in Strategy, Marketing, Supply Chain
- Case Study: TBD
10:15 – 10:30 AM
10:30 – 11:45 AM
- Introduction to Business Strategy Decision Frameworks
- Typical Use Cases in Strategy, KPIs
- Case Study: Market Entry Strategy
11:45 – 12:00 PM
12:00 – 1:00 PM
- Review of Decision Frameworks & KPIs in Marketing
- Decision Modeling for Marketing
- Case Study: Digital Marketing Data & Analysis Models
1:00 – 1:45 PM
1:45 – 3:15 PM
- Review of Decision Frameworks & KPIs in Supply Chain
- Decision Modeling for Supply Chain
- Case Study: Supply Chain Decision Analysis
3:15 – 3:30 PM
3:30 – 5:00 PM
- Takeaways & Review of Data-driven decision making
- Takeaways & Review of Analytics models for decision-making
- Q & A, Feedback
5:15 – 6:30 PM