Big Data Analytics for Online Retail
Online retail is a fiercely competitive market where every retailer is trying to gain a competitive edge by understanding their customers better and analyzing their buying patterns, likes & dislikes. Such knowledge would greatly help them to target & serve their customers better, thereby increasing their sales revenues.
Big Data analytics is the answer for online retailer’s need to glean such business insights from their customer data.
One such analytics normally performed by online retailers is the aggregation and analysis of data residing in the session log files of their online retail websites.
This class will teach students how to develop solution aggregates and analyze online transactions. Techniques to interact with data using various Big Data technologies will also be taught.
The 2 days class will work through the following use case:
- Company “XYZ” is a large online retails with thousands of products in its online catalog.
- Company “XYZ” would like to gather insights about which of its online products are more engaging to its site visitors.
- They could figure the engagement factor of a product by the time spent by a site visitor on a particular product’s page.
- An increase in the engagement factor has a direct impact on actual purchases being made by the site visitor.
- Based on the findings, Company “XYZ” could then potentially improve the design of the product pages where site visitors spent relatively less time.
- Company “XYZ” would also be interested in tracking the time spent on its Checkout pages.
- The smoother the page flows, the shorter the time spent on the Checkout pages, the higher the possibility of a successful sale.
- Thus Company “XYZ” would like to identify potential usability issues and possibly redesign the checkout pages and its flow.
This is a very hands-on workshop which empowers its students to become Hadoop Power Users. The hands-on labs includes real life Hadoop usage patterns that are commonly used in the industry. Students will be doing the lab in real Hadoop clusters, one per student. They will learn the concepts and also do the high level implementation using Hive/Pig and Map Reduce programs.
These clusters are provided by ClustersTogo.com.
Developers,Database administrators, Data Analytics professionals, Data architects, Managers.
Developers with basic understanding of Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig and HBase. Developers with basic understanding of database and ACID transactions.
Two days Class.
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Class Date & Time
10/19/2013 from 9:00 AM to 10/20/2013 5:00 PM
11/16/2013 from 9:00 AM to 11/17/2013 5:00 PM
12/07/2013 from 9:00 AM to 12/08/2013 5:00 PM
3200 Coronado Avenue,
Santa Clara, CA
Class will also be offered online via GotoTraining.
(408) 290-9949 – Ext 3